Skinnysimplerecipes top

December 14, 2012

Skinny Banana Coconut Smoothie

After sharing my Avocado Banana Almond smoothie, I thought I would post all my skinny, homemade smoothies. My morning snack is always a healthy, yummy smoothie, full of vitamins and minerals…excellent boost of energy.

Now you might say everybody knows how to make a smoothie…you’re right, but it doesn't hurt to know how others’ smoothies look like and get some new ideas and twists.

The best way to make this smoothie is to use a frozen banana; it gives sweetness and creaminess to the smoothie. Also, by using dried unsweetened coconut flakes, you end up with a natural flavour and a crunchy texture.

I use lactose free 1% milk because you get to taste the coconut flakes and the creamy banana. You can use any unflavored milk, and I say that because I tried it with coconut milk which has this overpowering flavour of coconut and it just covered the natural flavour of the coconut flakes I was looking for.



Ingredients:(1 serving)

1 frozen large banana
1 tbsp. unsweetened coconut flakes (about 50 Calories)
1 cup 1% milk (or any unflavored milk)
1 tbsp. ground flax seeds

Directions:

In a blender, combine the frozen banana, coconut fakes, milk and flax seeds. Blend until the banana is smooth and creamy.
Serve immediately,


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...