Skinnysimplerecipes top

August 26, 2012

Curried Quinoa Cauliflower Salad

I actually don’t have much to say about this recipe. I just made it from leftovers, roasted cauliflower and cooked quinoa, I had in my fridge.

Also I always keep cooked chicken in my freezer. So I was going to make a big salad by adding tomatoes and avocado, but then I remembered that I have a nice curry powder, I bought from Farmer’s market back in Vancouver (during our holiday).

I always wanted to make Curry dressing, so I decided to mix curry, vinegar and olive oil. It combined perfectly with quinoa and cauliflower. So let’s get sharing, shall we?

Ingredients:

1 small head cauliflower, stem removed and cut into small florets
1 cup quinoa, rinsed well
2 cups water
1 cup cilantro, chopped
1 small red onion, chopped (or scallions, shallot)
1 cup cooked chicken breast, chopped
¼ cup olive oil
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 tsp curry powder (adding more to taste)
Sea salt

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the cauliflower in a single layer.
Spray some olive oil and sprinkle some sea salt. Roast for about 20 minutes or until tender.

Meanwhile, after washing well the quinoa, add 2 cups of water and bring to a boil. Then reduce heat and let cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until all of the water is absorbed. Add onion, stir and remove from the heat. Place it in a medium bowl and set aside.

In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, cider vinegar and curry powder.

Combine the cauliflower with the quinoa and add cilantro and chicken. Pour the dressing over and toss well. Add salt and seasoning, if necessary.

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I love roasted cauliflower in anything, but adding curry really sounds like it makes it AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You betcha Laurie!!I'm happy with this curry dressing:)can't wait to try it on other dishes!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am very much in love with this recipe. It mixes three of my favourite flavours together!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...