Skinnysimplerecipes top

April 13, 2012

Grilled Portobello Mushroom & Asparagus Sandwich


Skinny way to make the famous "Grilled Portobello Mushroom Sandwich". I used only few ingredients for lots of flavours; you can taste the mushroom, the asparagus and the tanginess of moutarde a l'ancienne.

For a quick and easy lunch sandwich, I use my panini grill. You can use the outdoor grill or the oven broiler. 

Ingredients:
1 large Portobello mushroom cap. Stem removed
 4 asparagus, tough ends trimmed
½ tbsp Italian seasoning (or your favourite)
1 tbsp moutarde a l'ancienne (old-style mustard) 
1 tbsp low fat mozzarella cheese (optional)
1/4 whole wheat baguette

Directions:
Turn panini grill to medium heat. Place mushroom cap and asparagus on the grille and cook 4 -5 minutes on each side.
Drizzle with some olive oil, sprinkle your favourite seasoning and toss together (I like Italian seasoning).  

Toast your bread on the grill then spread with mustered. Place mushroom, asparagus and sprinkle some cheese on top.

Enjoy with your favourite salad.

I am sharing this recipe on Friday Food Fight, Fit and Fabulous Fridays

2 comments:

  1. Delicious! I love this veggie sandwich combination...wish I had one right now! Thank you for sharing at Fit and Fabulous Fridays. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...